AGRICULTURE EDUCATION TEACHER
Arkansas City USD 470 • www.usd470.com
Description: Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc. Classes include, but are not limited to, Ag Welding, Ag Science, Horticulture, Ag Communication and Leadership, Intro to Ag, and Resource Management.
- Participate in curriculum review and design.
- Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
- Diagnose and evaluates student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs- interests- and abilities of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Refer students for alternative services as provided by the District (ESL- Reading- Special Reading).
- Effectively implement district initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers.
- State of Kansas teaching license with endorsement in content area.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment
Based on Master Agreement
Job Contact Address
Arkansas City, KS 67005
Job Start Date: August-1-2023
Applications Due By: July-1-2023
Job Contact Information