Application for the KSDE Ag Ed position. The position application closes February 21, 2021. Contact Stacy Smith for more information. email@example.com.
Job ID: 198930
Location: Shawnee County
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Agency: Department of Education
Important Recruitment Information for this vacancy
To assist the Kansas State Department of Education to carry out the Kansas State Board of Education mission, we are recruiting for an Education Program Consultant on the Career, Standards and Assessment Services team in the Division of Learning Services.
- Job Posting closes: Sunday, February 21, 2021
- Required documents uploaded: Sunday, February 21, 2021
- Job Location Topeka, KS (Landon State Ofc Bldg.)
Kansas State Department of Education
900 SW Jackson St., Suite 102
Topeka, KS 66612-1212
About the Position
- Who can apply: Anyone (External)
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Hours to be determined
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans’ Preference Eligible: Yes
Compensation: $ 2,158.40 Bi-weekly
- Comprehensive medical, mental, dental, vision, and additional coverage
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Education Program Consultant (EPC) represents the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE), the Kansas Board of Education (KSBE) and the Kansas Legislature in providing professional educational consultative services to public educational institutions, educational related organizations and associations, government agencies, and the general public.
Educational consultative services may include, but are not limited to: providing technical assistance and professional development; interpreting state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to the KSDE and the educational programs of the state; and special projects as assigned.
You may request a position description for this opening by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to use the Job ID (198930) in the subject line.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Education with an emphasis in Agriculture Education, Career and Technical Education and/or similar field. Experience may be substituted for education as deemed relevant by the agency.
Preferred Skills and/or Qualifications
- Advanced degree from an accredited university or college in Education with an emphasis in Agriculture Education, Career and Technical Education and/or similar field.
- Broad knowledge of educational issues;
- Knowledge of current research and issues and teaching and learning technologies related to Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources Career Cluster Field, Agriculture Education, FFA, Supervised Agricultural Experience or related area;
- Knowledge of school improvement and technical assistance;
- Knowledge of technical education trends and theories and of applied instructional and curriculum principles;
- Knowledge of assessment principles, ability to write well, to speak effectively and evaluate educational materials, equipment, and facilities used in secondary education;
- Basic knowledge of testing/assessment principles and practices;
- Knowledge and skills related to group dynamics and team participation and facilitation;
- Knowledge of federal grant writing and reporting protocols;
- Skills in report writing and communication of findings to a range of audiences;
- Excellent public relation and communications skills;
- Effective problem-solving, planning, and decision-making skills; and
- Ability to design and implement programs and facilitate staff development.
- Experience in Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources Career Cluster Field, Agriculture Education, FFA, or related area;
- Experience in secondary Agriculture education or secondary CTE certification; and
- Experience in educational administration and curriculum assessment at secondary, postsecondary or adult level
Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Marisa Seele
Phone: (785) 296-7795
Mailing Address: KSDE Human Resources, Attn: Marisa Seele
900 SW Jackson St., Suite 102
Topeka, KS 66612-1212
Job Application Process
- First Sign in or register as a New User.
- Complete or update your contact information on the Careers> My Contact Information page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Upload required documents listed below for the Careers> My Job Applications page. *This information is included on all your job applications.
- Start your draft job application, upload other required documents, and Submit when it is complete.
- Manage your draft and submitted applications on the Careers> My Job Applications page.
- Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
- Email – sent to the Preferred email on the My Contact Information page
- Notifications – view the Careers> My Job Notifications page
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How to Apply for a Job – Instructions” and “How to Search for a Job – Instructions”
Required Documents for this Application to be Complete
Upload these on the Careers – My Job Applications page
- DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate IS NOT Required by KSDE.
Upload these on the Attachments step in your Job Application
- Resume (or choose existing if you have one)
- Cover letter
- * Transcripts (if applicable)
Applicants for the Education Program Consultant, Assistant Director, and Director positions must provide college transcript(s) on or before the application deadline.
Helpful Resources at jobs.ks.gov: “How, What, & Where do I Upload Documents”