*This is a second position. Mr. Ely is retiring. We wish him all the best!
Job Title: Agriculture Teacher
If interested please apply online only at https://www.applitrack.com/newtonk12/onlineapp/
This position is grades 8-12 with courses taught at Newton High School and a possible course offering at the middle level. A 7-12 teaching license is required. Possible courses include Animal Science, Introductory Ag, Pre-vocational Welding and any other ag-related course offering. A well-rounded experience in agriculture instruction is preferred. Position would include teaming with other instructors to work in an agriculture career academy model.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Licensed in the State of Kansas
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
5. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear outcomes for all lessons, units, projects, etc., to communicate these objectives to students.
6. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
7. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and outcomes.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
9. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
10. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
11. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
12. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
13. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
14. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees when appropriate.
15. Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the board of education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of professional personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Ability to meet and instruct assigned classes in the designated locations
Ability to create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students
Ability to assess the accomplishments of students and provide progress reports as required
Ability to govern student conduct and maintain order in the classroom in a fair manner
Newton USD 373
Job Start Date: August-1-2018
Applications Due By: April-26-2018
Job Contact Information
Lisa Moore; firstname.lastname@example.org; 316-284-6280