Jade Greene – Beginning Teacher (T to T)
Jade Greene – Beginning Teacher (T to T)
Job Title: Agriculture Instructor
Cloud County Community College seeks an Agriculture Instructor and Judging Coach to begin in the Fall 2018 semester. Judging coach opportunities include Livestock and Meats. The Instructor/Coach will be responsible for teaching courses both on and off campus and via various instructional modalities. This position will require the use of instructional technology within the curriculum and supervision and evaluation of students in field placements. In addition, this position requires the candidate to recruit and coach for the Livestock Judging teams. A Master’s degree in a field of Agriculture is required. Consideration will be given to a candidate who is progressing toward a master’s degree, bachelor’s degree required. Experience in Ag instruction and livestock judging will be heavily considered. The college prepares students to lead successful lives and enhances the vitality of the communities it serves. Faculty and staff are dedicated to student success. This is a full-time, ten-month position with a benefit package. Email a letter of application, resume, the names and phone numbers of five current references, and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to the Office of Human Resources, Cloud County Community College, P.O. Box 1002, Concordia, Kansas 66901. EOE.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Teach face-to-face and online courses within the Agriculture curriculum. Some classes may be taught through a web conferencing service; teach classes as needed on the Concordia Campus, online, and shortened or flexible formats;
· Participate in program and course review, development, and assessment;
· Serve on committees to hire, mentor, and evaluate adjunct teaching faculty;
· Work with the division and department on follow-up of graduates;
· Attend all relevant college, division, and department meetings and faculty activities including working with advisory committees for AAS programs;
· Promote/assist in the development of promotional materials for the Agriculture Department and the division, and assist in the recruitment of students;
· Incorporate technology into the curriculum and keep abreast of current technology in the field of Agriculture;
· Collaborate with business and industry to develop relationships and support for Agriculture Programs including participation in Ag. Night at the college;
· Develop and maintain relationships with local FFA chapters and Ag Programs which includes helping with student events;
· Instruct and coach the Livestock Judging teams as well as drive the transportation to competitions and recruit students, and potentially develop a meats judging team; and
· Perform duties assigned by Department Chair or Division Dean.
Job Start Date: August-13-2018
Applications Due By: June-8-2018
Job Contact Information
Christine Wilson; email@example.com; 785-243-1435
Tammie Greenlee – Transition to Teaching
Job Title: Livestock Judging Coach/AG Careers Specialist
The Livestock Judging Coach/Agriculture Careers Specialist will coach the Livestock Judging team and serve as an Agriculture Careers Specialist by attracting students to Agriculture programs and careers. Assignment may include teaching Livestock Judging and Agriculture Orientation courses. Position is responsible for student team and program recruitment, advising, academic program development and participation, student field studies and internships, committee and task force service and individual professional development. (Please review the complete position description posted on the college website http://www.allencc.edu)
Job Salary (if available): MS/MA $40,000-$43,000 based on education and experience BS/BA $36,000-$38,000 based on education and experience
Job Benefits (if available): Excellent benefits package including health/dental insurance, KPERS, 403(b), sick leave, vacation, personal day, tuition benefits, Section 125 benefits.
Job Bonus (if available):
Job Start Date: August-1-2018
Applications Due By: July-1-2018
Contact First Name: Shellie
Contact Last Name: Regehr
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 620.901.6299
Filled pending board approval
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Brett Melton will join the staff of K-State Research and Extension – River Valley District as a Livestock Production Agent, effective July 2, 2018. River Valley District has offices in Belleville, Clay Center, Concordia, and Washington.
He earned his bachelor’s degree in Animal Sciences and Industry from Kansas State University and is earning his master’s degree in Ruminant Nutrition from the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
Melton has most recently been employed as a Feedlot Technician at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.