Agriculture Power Instructor
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Lee Sigley will join the staff of K-State Research and Extension as the Johnson County 4-H Youth Development Agent, effective March 12, 2017. Johnson County’s office is in Olathe.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in Social Studies Education from the University of Kansas. Sigley most recently worked the Director of Operations for the National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs, KS.
MANHATTAN, Kan. –Shad Marston will begin serving as the McPherson County Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension Agent, effective June 4, 2017. McPherson County’s office is in McPherson.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in Animal Sciences and Industry from Kansas State University.
Marston has most recently been the Agriculture Educator at Moundridge High School in Moundridge, Kansas.
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Kylie Jones will join the staff of K-State Research and Extension as the Golden Prairie District Livestock Production Agent, effective March 12, 2017. Golden Prairie has offices in WaKeeney, Gove and Oakley. Jones will be working out of the WaKeeney location.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from Fort Hays State University. Jones most recently worked as a Student Assistant for the Beef Division of Fort Hays State University.
MANHATTAN, Kan. –Brice Gibson will begin serving as the Clark County Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension Agent, effective February 13, 2017. Clark County’s office is in Ashland.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Education and a master’s degree in Secondary Education, both from Northwestern Oklahoma State University. Gibson has most recently been an educator at Laverne, Oklahoma and Follett, Texas.
Margaret Chamas will begin serving as the Doniphan County Agriculture and Natural Resources Extension Agent, effective January 29, 2017.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in Animal Science from Cornell University and a master’s degree in Animal Science from Iowa State University.
Chamas most recently worked as the livestock manager and tour guide for Weston Red Barn Farm in Weston, Missouri. Before that she was the Member Services Manager for Farmers of North America in Kansas City, Missouri.
High School Agricultural Education Filled Positions 2016-2017
- Renwick USD 267 – Cheyenne Moyer* – Beginning Teacher
- Elk Valley USD 283 – Chris Johnston – Beginning Teacher
- Nemaha Central USD 115 – Bradley Goering – Experienced Teacher
- Girard USD 248 – Brandon Callaway – Experienced Teacher
- Republic County (Belleville) USD 109 – Jed Strnad – Experienced Teacher
- Rawlins County (Atwood) USD 105 – Courtney Schamberger* – Beginning Teacher
- Frankfort USD 380 – Cain Fouard* – New Teacher
- Iola USD 257 – Amanda Strickler – Experienced Teacher
- Eureka USD 389 – Trint Peine*- Beginning Teacher
- Sublette USD 374 – Will Johnson* – Beginning Teacher
- Goessel USD 411 – Alicia Oard – Experienced Teacher
- Beloit USD 273 – Jacob Rutledge* – Beginning Teacher
- Independence USD 446 – MaKayla LaRue* – Beginning Teacher
- Weskan USD 242 – Kinzie Reiss – Experienced Teacher
- Fowler USD 225 – Cheyenne Marrs – Beginning Teacher
- La Crosse USD 395 – Chelsey Smith – Beginning Teacher
- Buhler USD 313 – Michelle Keener – Experienced Teacher
- Burlington USD 244 – Julie Carden – Experienced Teacher
- Southeast USD 247 – Caitlyn McKibben – Beginning Teacher
- Herington USD 487 – Trevor Stover – Beginning Teacher
- Russell USD 407 – Colton Branch* – Beginning Teacher
- Chautauqua Co. USD 286 (Sedan) – John Wells – Experienced Teacher
- Moundridge USD 423 – Ali Torr* – Beginning Teacher
- Victoria USD 432 – Jacy Littrell – Beginning Teacher
- Southeast of Saline USD 306 – Beth Augustine* – Beginning Teacher
- Lawrence USD 497 – Sarah Lewis – Experienced Teacher
- Winfield USD 465 – Marlin Burcham – Beginning Teacher
- Southern Cloud USD 334 – Colby Cormack – Experienced Teacher
- Greeley Co. (Tribune) USD 200- Melissa Poet* – Beginning Teacher
- Newton USD 373- Amber (Mock) Janzen* – Beginning Teacher
- Southern Coffey Co. USD 245- Megan Meiwes* – Beginning Teacher
- Marysville USD 364- Bo Downing – Experienced Teacher
- Skyline (Pratt) USD 438 – Ryan Kinsler – Beginning Teacher
- Pretty Prairie USD 311 – Cody Day – Beginning Teacher
- Smith Center USD 237 – Monica Wagner – Experienced Teacher
- Belle Plain USD 357- Jason Carl – Experienced Teacher
- Cheney USD 268- Stacy DeVore – Experienced Teacher
- Golden Plains USD 316 – Darrell Dible – Experienced Teacher
- Junction City USD 475 – Laura Miller – Experienced Teacher
- Junction City USD 475 – Marilyn Glazer – Experienced Teacher
- Little River USD 444 – Jaret Wohler – Beginning Teacher
- Lyndon USD 421 – Mike Beying – Experienced Teacher
- Colby USD 315 (assistant advisor) – Carley (Conley) Beck* – Beginning Teacher
- Thomas More Prep-Marian (TMP) – Jay Harris – Experienced Teacher
- Twin Valley USD 240 – Sylvia Kvacik – Experienced Teacher
- Troy USD 429 – Roger Brown – Experienced Teacher
- Ark City USD 470 – Brandon Vicknair –
* KSU Graduate 2017