MANHATTAN, Kan. – Jennifer Stoss will join the staff of K-State Research and Extension – Finney County as a Horticulture Extension Agent, effective June 3, 2018. Finney County’s office is located in Garden City, Kansas.
She earned her bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Education from Fort Hays State University.
Stoss has most recently been employed as a High School Agriculture Educator at Ness City Jr/Sr High School.
Horticulture agents develop and deliver educational programs such as horticulture crop production, marketing and economics related to the horticulture industry, landscape design maintenance and improvement, conservation of natural resources and pest management.
Extension Agent, Johnson County, 4-H Youth Development
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Lee Sigley will join the staff of K-State Research and Extension as the Johnson County 4-H Youth Development Agent, effective March 12, 2017. Johnson County’s office is in Olathe.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in Social Studies Education from the University of Kansas.
Sigley most recently worked the Director of Operations for the National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs, KS.
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Elizabeth Rogers Kissick will join the staff of K-State Research and Extension – Grant County as an Agriculture and Natural Resources agent, effective May 20, 2018. Grant County’s office is located in Ulysses, Kansas.
She earned her bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Education with minors in Agronomy and Animal Sciences and Industry from Kansas State University.
She has most recently finished her student teaching at Hugoton High School.
Extension Agent, Sedgwick County, 4-H Youth Development
Office location-Wichita, Kansas
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Shannon Rogge will join the staff of K-State Research and Extension – Sedgwick County as a 4-H Youth Development Agent effective January 21, 2018. Sedgwick County’s office is in Wichita.
Rogge earned a bachelor’s degree in Animal Sciences and Industry from Kansas State University.
She is transferring from the Pawnee County office of K-State Research and Extension where she has been the Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent.
4-H Youth Development agents develop and deliver programming aimed at helping youth develop life skills, including a positive self-concept, an inquiring mind, a concern for the community, healthy interpersonal relationships and sound decision making. Rogge will have primary responsibilities for youth programming related to Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture and Math.
High School Agricultural Education Filled Positions 2016-2017
(for the 2017-2018 school year)
- Renwick USD 267 – Cheyenne Moyer* – Beginning Teacher
- Elk Valley USD 283 – Chris Johnston – Beginning Teacher
- Nemaha Central USD 115 – Bradley Goering – Experienced Teacher
- Girard USD 248 – Brandon Callaway – Experienced Teacher
- Republic County (Belleville) USD 109 – Jed Strnad – Experienced Teacher
- Rawlins County (Atwood) USD 105 – Courtney Schamberger* – Beginning Teacher
- Frankfort USD 380 – Cain Fouard* – New Teacher
- Iola USD 257 – Amanda Strickler – Experienced Teacher
- Eureka USD 389 – Trint Peine*- Beginning Teacher
- Sublette USD 374 – Will Johnson* – Beginning Teacher
- Goessel USD 411 – Alicia Oard – Experienced Teacher
- Beloit USD 273 – Jacob Rutledge* – Beginning Teacher
- Independence USD 446 – MaKayla LaRue* – Beginning Teacher
- Weskan USD 242 – Kinzie Reiss – Experienced Teacher
- Fowler USD 225 – Cheyenne Marrs – Beginning Teacher
- La Crosse USD 395 – Chelsey Smith – Beginning Teacher
- Buhler USD 313 – Michelle Keener – Experienced Teacher
- Burlington USD 244 – Julie Carden – Experienced Teacher
- Southeast USD 247 – Caitlyn McKibben – Beginning Teacher
- Herington USD 487 – Trevor Stover – Beginning Teacher
- Russell USD 407 – Colton Branch* – Beginning Teacher
- Chautauqua Co. USD 286 (Sedan) – John Wells – Experienced Teacher
- Moundridge USD 423 – Ali Torr* – Beginning Teacher
- Victoria USD 432 – Jacy Littrell – Beginning Teacher
- Southeast of Saline USD 306 – Beth Augustine* – Beginning Teacher
- Lawrence USD 497 – Sarah Lewis – Experienced Teacher
- Winfield USD 465 – Marlin Burcham – Beginning Teacher
- Southern Cloud USD 334 – Colby Cormack – Experienced Teacher
- Greeley Co. (Tribune) USD 200- Melissa Poet* – Beginning Teacher
- Newton USD 373- Amber (Mock) Janzen* – Beginning Teacher
- Southern Coffey Co. USD 245- Megan Meiwes* – Beginning Teacher
- Marysville USD 364- Bo Downing – Experienced Teacher
- Skyline (Pratt) USD 438 – Ryan Kinsler – Beginning Teacher
- Pretty Prairie USD 311 – Cody Day – Beginning Teacher
- Smith Center USD 237 – Monica Wagner – Experienced Teacher
- Belle Plain USD 357- Jason Carl – Experienced Teacher
- Cheney USD 268- Stacy DeVore – Experienced Teacher
- Golden Plains USD 316 – Darrell Dible – Experienced Teacher
- Junction City USD 475 – Laura Miller – Experienced Teacher
- Junction City USD 475 – Marilyn Glazer – Experienced Teacher
- Little River USD 444 – Jaret Wohler – Beginning Teacher
- Lyndon USD 421 – Mike Beying – Experienced Teacher
- Colby USD 315 (assistant advisor) – Carley (Conley) Beck* – Beginning Teacher
- Thomas More Prep-Marian (TMP) – Jay Harris – Experienced Teacher
- Twin Valley USD 240 – Sylvia Kvacik – Experienced Teacher
- Troy USD 429 – Roger Brown – Experienced Teacher
- Ark City USD 470 – Brandon Vicknair –
* KSU Graduate 2017