*This is for a 2nd teacher.
McPherson USD 418 • www.mcpherson.com
POSITION TITLE: MHS Agriculture Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: Must hold proper state certification
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or other Supervisor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 22/23 School Year
New teachers 189 days; returning teachers 187 days with benefits provided according to the Teacher’s Negotiated Agreement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in curriculum review and design.
- Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
- Diagnose and evaluates student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs- interests- and abilities of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Refer students for alternative services as provided by the District (ESL- Reading- Special Reading).
- Effectively implement district initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Abide by state statutes- school board policies and regulations.
- Attend meetings and performs duties as assigned by administrators or supervisors.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students- equipment- materials- and facilities.
- Maintain accurate- complete- and correct records as required by law- district policy and administrative regulation.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Remain current on instructional practices in education. (e.g. instructional technology)
Do you believe that relationships are the cornerstone of a good education? Do you believe that curriculum and instruction should be both rigorous and relevant? If so, McPherson USD 418 is the place for you!
McPherson USD 418 is interested in hiring the BEST teachers for our students! If you think you are one of those teachers, we invite you to visit our website and complete our online application at www.mcpherson.com.
Job Contact Address
514 N. Main
McPherson, KS 67460
Job Start Date: NA
Applications Due By: 08/31/2023