Ms. Kirk has accepted a teaching position at a different school.
Animal Science and Research Teacher – Topeka Center for Advanced Learning and Careers
Title: Animal Science and Research Teacher
Reports to: Principal- Topeka Center for Advanced Learning and Careers
Position Purpose: The Animal Science and Research Teacher is responsible for teaching students in Grades 11 and 12 the skills required in the animal science industry.
- 1-3 years teaching experience preferred- but not required.
- Kansas teaching licensure in Agriculture/Vocational Agriculture; advanced degrees (Bachelor`s Master`s- and/or Doctorage degree) in Animal Sciences preferred; OR meet the requirements for CTE Specialized Certificate.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products- including Excel.
- Ability to work well with others in an academic environment.
- Strong verbal- written- and listening communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- High degree of motivation- responsibility- and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word- Outlook- etc.)
- Ability to self-initiate areas of opportunity- make recommendations for improvement- and follow up as necessary to achieve desired results.
- Facilitates learning activities so that students learn the principles-theory- skills- and work ethic necessary to become proficient for entry-level positions.
- Develop and execute lesson plans that lead toward student mastery of program competencies in the Animal Science CTE Pathway.
- Develop and update curriculum as needed.
- Prepare orders for the purchase of supplies- instruments- equipment- and instructional materials necessary to support the learning activities of the program.
- Maintain inventory and repair records and ensure the safe and proper operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Maintain an Advisory Committee and keep records of meeting notices- meeting agendas- and meeting minutes.
- Create a positive learning environment.
- Monitor- assess- and advise learners on technical and academic progress and performance.
- Remain informed of new trends- methods- materials- instruments- and equipment in the animal health science industry.
- Integrate Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) leadership activities into the program.
- Use current academic and industry practices in assigned courses of instruction.
- Develop and upgrade lesson material- training aids- and maintain equipment within assigned course of instruction.
- Assist in the recruitment and placement of learners.
- Attend technical update classes annually to maintain certifications as needed.
- Analyze and interpret test data.
- Work with district CTE Coordinator to accurately report state and federal reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be determined by Board of Education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified staff.
Job Start Date: NA
Applications Due By: 06/30/2021
Job Contact Information
Topeka USD 501 www.topekapublicschools.net
To apply for a position at Topeka Public Schools, please visit http://www.topekapublicschools.net, select Employment, and then Job Opportunities.