*Ms. LaRue is getting married and moving out of the area.
Demonstrate a competency of the English language
Bachelor Degree or Masters Degree from an accredited college/university
Current Kansas State Teaching Certification
Health Certificate on file in the Central Office
Desire to continue career improvement
RESPONSIBLE TO: Building Principal
PURPOSE: The Classroom Instructor creates a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal- social- and intellectual development of students. In order to respond to the individual needs and abilities of students- the Classroom Instructor must work closely with students- parents- and other staff and administration of Independence USD 446
PAYMENT RATE: According to negotiated agreement
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and implement effective lessons- using time- materials and resources effectively.
2. Motivate students through effective communications and evaluative responses.
3. Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
4. Demonstrate awareness of the needs of students and provide for individual differences.
5. Set high expectations for student’s achievement and behavior.
6. Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
7. Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom management.
8. Maintain current curriculum and instructional practices.
9. Coordinate and supervise field trips.
10. Facilitate the personal- social- and intellectual development of students.
11. Assist with the activities of student organizations.
12. Attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs- athletics- student recognition ceremonies- graduation- and open house.
13. See that district policies are observed during all activities.
14. Obtain advance approval of the Principal for all activities and expenditures.
15. Participate actively in the school improvement process (QPA- NCA- etc.).
16. Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
17. Other duties as assigned by the Principal- or other Administrative Staff.
18. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
19. Operate equipment appropriately as required.
20. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
21. Support the value of an education.
22. Support the philosophy and mission of Independence USD 446.
23. Keep abreast of new information- innovative ideas and techniques.
24. An essential function of this position is attendance.
Job Start Date: NA
Applications Due By: 05/17/2019
Independence USD 446 www.indyschools.com