Agriculture, Business, Computers And Technology · Hutchinson, Kansas
- Instruct assigned courses within the Agricultural program. Courses may include, but not limited to, Ag Economics, Ag Marketing, Animal Nutrition, Feeds and Feeding, Ag Math, Farm Management, Microcomputers in Ag.
- Advise students within Agricultural related transfer pathways.
- Persistently recruit students to HutchCC, specifically within Agricultural related programs.
- Travel to area high schools, career fairs and recruiting events.
- Develop course content for Agriculture courses and modify existing courses.
- Prepare and revise instructional materials and lesson plans for face-to-face, online and/or hybrid courses.
- Complete assessments about student learning concepts and their application.
- Attend, assist with, and participate in Advisory Council meetings.
- Work effectively as a professional within a team.
- Manage and report student grades and attendance records (in online format) per Master Agreement.
- Plan, implement, and sponsor appropriate activities to supplement instruction.
- Assist in selecting textbooks, completing instructional reports, tracking and entering assessment data.
- Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as recommended by HutchCC.
- Participate, as possible, in faculty development activities at the college and within state and regional organizations.
- Maintain evaluation and attendance records and files as requested by the Department Chairperson and/or the Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices
- Serve actively on campus committees
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the Department 2 Co-chairs, the Vice-President of Academic Affairs
- Master’s degree in Agricultural related field required
- Willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems including online and/or other distance education modes.
- Incorporate study skills, adult learning theory, and teaching/learning strategies to improve student persistence and retention.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, faculty and other HutchCC stakeholders.
- Attentive to detail, accurately follow written and oral instructions, and work independently.
- Maintain confidentiality in a student-centered environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and the willingness to collaborate.
- Experience in student recruitment preferred.
- Physical requirements include excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; visual acuity to view a computer terminal; use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; Light/Indoor work environment.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation. -The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is determined per the 2021-2022 Hiring Salary Schedule in the local HutchCC Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position is nine months annual (based on contract renewal), due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the following address: http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule
TO BE CONSIDERED AS A CANDIDATE, THE APPLICANT MUST HAVE A COMPLETE DOSSIER (resume, official transcripts, references, and the application form) ON FILE.
The hired candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts