Job Title: Agriculture Program Coordinator/Instructor
Job Location: Wellington
Full position description can be found on http://jobs.kansasteachingjobs.com/
Closing Date: March 11, 2018
The Agriculture Program Coordinator-Instructor is a full-time, 10-month position for Cowley College’s Career and Technical Education department. This position is responsible for effectively managing the Agriculture program, recruit-manage Ag judging teams, and successfully teaching students within the program.
- Recruit students for the Agriculture program, clubs, and judging teams.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, and retaining talented and entrepreneurial full-time and adjunct faculty members, serving as Lead Instructor for Agriculture program.
- Plan and supervise Agriculture programs relevant to the Cowley College mission, manage departmental budgetary and financial matters.
- Creation of curriculum, instructional materials, and oversight of agriculture labs and equipment.
- Serve as the advisor for department students.
- Instruct students in competency-based program curriculum using current instructional strategies appropriate to the subject matter to assure highest quality classroom instruction.
- Effectively manage the classroom to create an optimal learning environment, maintaining an appropriate balance of classroom discipline.
- Maintain up-to-date records of student attendance, academic progress and grades as required by College policy and certification/regulatory agencies.
- Work in partnership with high school and higher education institutions for the purpose of articulation and transfer of program courses, certificates, and degrees.
- Develop and coordinate with program advisory boards, business, community, industry, and government partners.
- Keep posted office hours and serve on college and relevant industry committees.
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organization.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures
- Assist the A.V.P. of Business and Industry Advancement by performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Education Background:
- Master’s degree Agriculture, Agriculture science, Education with a specialization in Agriculture or other agricultural area in a discipline relevant to this position (e.g.: Animal Science, Agronomy, Plant Science, Soil Science, or other agriculture science)
- Experience teaching agriculture related courses in higher education.
- Experience coaching agriculture related judging teams
- Experienceworking with high school and higher education institutions for the purpose of articulation and transfer of program courses, certificates, and degrees.
- High School, CEP, Adult Education teaching experience
- Program Advisor experience
- Agriculture industry experience other than education
- Strong knowledge of professional clubs and organizations pertaining to agriculture (eg.: FFA, 4-H, NACTA, National Coaches Association)
- Understanding of and commitment to Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP).
- Requires a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including co-enrolled high school students.
Supervisory Requirements: Indirectly lead all program faculty and adjunct faculty.
Job Start Date: June-1-2018
Applications Due By: May-1-2018
Job Contact Information
Jenette Hanna, email@example.com, 620-441-5214